The Manchester Golf Club Local Rules
- Loose stones may be removed from bunkers without penalty. Rule 24 – 1 applies.
- Relief may be taken from any regular tractor path and artificially surfaced paths and their edges. All other paths are deemed to be in play.
- Fixed sprinkler heads and grid covers. All fixed sprinkler heads and grid covers are immovable obstructions and relief from interference by them may be obtained under Rule 24-2. If such an obstruction on or within two club-lengths of the putting green of the hole being played intervenes on the line of play between the ball and the hole, the player may obtain relief, without penalty, as follows: If the ball lies off the putting green but not in a hazard and is within two club-lengths of the intervening obstruction, it may be lifted, cleaned and dropped at the nearest point to where the ball lay which a) is not nearer the hole, b) avoids such intervention and c) is not in a hazard or on a putting green.
- The brook at all points, the open drains at the 6th, 9th, 10th, 12th and 15th and the hollows at the 10th and 12th are water hazards.
- Trees supported by stakes – if such a tree interferes with a player’s stance or the area of his intended swing, the ball must be dropped in accordance with the procedure prescribed in Rule 24-2b (i) (immovable obstruction). The ball may be cleaned when so lifted.
Out of Bounds
Beyond the fences marking the boundaries of the course; beyond the white stakes between the 6th and 7th holes when playing the 6th hole (NB, whilst playing the 7th hole, the white stakes between the 6th and 7th holes are deemed immovable obstructions); and in or beyond the cut trenches on the left of the 10th and 11th holes, behind the 12th green, on the left and right of the 14th fairway, and on the left of the 17th and 18th fairways.
Blue Flag – Front Third of Green
Yellow Flag – Middle Third of Green
Red Flag – Back Third of Green