Host to the Lancashire Amateur Championship 2011 and the Northern Counties Championship in 2013
In 2017 Manchester hosted the prestigious England Golf “Reid Trophy” an international field of competitors. Manchester Golf Club was named as one of the top 3 venues to hold an England Golf event in 2017.
Festival Week is Manchester Golf Club’s opportunity to showcase the club and course at its glorious best. Guests travel from all over the region to play in this annual cluster of events – many will be returning in 2019 having taken part in Festival Week for a number of years.
The varied schedule has an event to suit every golfer and all events are played in the spirit of the Festival. Ladies, Gents, Seniors, Juniors and Club representative trophies are all fiercely competed for.
Participants are guaranteed a very warm welcome from the members of Manchester Golf Club. You are sure to enjoy the fantastic championship golf course which will test the skill of each and every competitor and also our choice of good hearty food and complement of drinks to follow. Manchester Golf Club rarely disappoints.
Buggies can be booked in advance through Golf Reception on 0161 655 3668 and our fantastic practice facilities are open to competitors throughout the week.
Prize winners will be delighted to hear that they can select prizes from our Professional, Brian Connor, who has one of the best selections of golf equipment in the region.
Entry Forms and current start sheets can be downloaded and printed in PDF Format from this website below. To download you will need Adobe Reader. To download free Adobe Reader Click Here
Alternatively you may elect to use the ‘Book Now’ button to organise and pay for an event today using our online booking service. You will be able to view the current start sheet for these events and select a time according to your needs.
Events that do not have the ‘Book Now’ facility are either subject to a draw nearer to the date or they may be an event with a shotgun start. Start sheets for these events will be displayed closer to the time.
To contact the General Office about Festival Week or to request entry forms by email please use the Contact Us button below
Kevin Sykes played in our Seniors Open during Festival Week, this is what he had to say ‘I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for a most enjoyable day today at your Seniors Team Event.
All the staff at your club were most welcoming and friendly. The course was a credit to your green keeping team, it was very well presented and the greens were in an excellent condition. On completing our round, we sat down to a very nice meal in your clubhouse.
Please thank all concerned in making it a really enjoyable day and we look forward to making a return visit.
Best wishes for the rest of the golfing year. Kind regards Kevin Sykes (Wrexham GC)’
Paul Bartle – Regents Park
‘Firstly can I thank you for the hospitality shown yesterday at your Senior Scratch event, first class all round. The course was also in fantastic condition, really enjoyed it.’
|Date||Competition||Entry Fee||Entry Form||Starting Times|
|Sunday 2nd August 2020||Team of 3 Stableford||£75 per team of 3||Entry Form||Book Now|
|Monday 3rd August 2020||Senior Gents Team||£120 per team of 4 including two course meal||Entry Form||Book Now|
|Tuesday 4th August 2020 Morning||Seniors Gents Trophy||£25.00 per player including bacon roll and tea/coffee||Entry Form||Book Now|
|Tuesday 4th August 2020 Afternoon||Ladies Team||£100 per team of 4 including meal||Entry Form||Book Now|
|Wednesday 5th August 2020||Gents FourBall Betterball||£50 per pair||Entry Form||Book Now|
|Thursday 6th August 2020||Festival Trophy||£140 per team of 4 including carvery||Entry Form||No online booking|
|Friday 7th August 2020||Gents Open Four Man Team||£120 per team of 4||Entry Form||Book Now|
THE MANCHESTER GOLF CLUB
FESTIVAL WEEK 2019
In the interest of sportsmanship The Manchester Golf Club is a fair play venue
All handicaps have been checked for authenticity – Congratulations to the winners
FESTIVAL WEEK TEAM OF THREE STABLEFORD
Sunday 4th August 2019
- First P. Aston, J Aston & D Cheesborough 87 points
- Second G Robinson, D Philips & P Upton 85 points
- Third C Forsyth, R Gee & R Panesar 81 points * cpo
- Fourth R Fisher, D Hall & C Foster 81 points * cpo
- Also with 81 pts P Rayner, P Kilner & A Kilner
FESTIVAL WEEK SENIORS TEAM STABLEFORD
Monday 5th August 2019
- First P. Bolter, D Parsons, S Thomas & I Johnson 93 Points
- Second N Hodges, D Davenport, P Collier & A Percival 91 Points *CPO
- Third J Howorth, R Oyston, D Pomfret & P Cole 91 Points * CPO
- Fourth D Hoyle, P Kilgour, B Trangmar & S Walthew 90 Points * CPO
- Also with 90 Points T Gee, T Wilson, B Hoyle & P Cavanagh
FESTIVAL WEEK SENIORS SCRATCH EVENT
Tuesday 6th August 2019
|Winner Seniors Scratch Female||L. Aspden (Ellesmere)||93 Gross* CPO|
|Winner Seniors Scratch Male||R. Mallard (Chorlton-Cum-Hardy)||73 Gross|
|Best Gross 55 – 64 years||A. Westwell (Selby)||75 Gross|
|Best Gross 64 – 70 years||E. Brooks (Manchester)||78 Gross|
|Best Nett||R. Farr (Pleasington)||83 -11=72|
|Second Best Nett||P. Merritt (Manchester)||79 -6 =73 *CPO|
FESTIVAL WEEK LADIES TEAM STABLEFORD
Tuesday 6th August 2019
- First M. Pickup, L. Souter, H. Pennington& H Bailey 89Pts (Nelson & Leigh)
- Second L. Gaut-Conway, S. Fadzean, T. Ives & L. Littlewood 84 Pts (Halifax Bradley Hall )
- Third J. Taylor, A. Barber, J. White & J. Keogh 82Pts *Cpo (Todmorden)
FESTIVAL WEEK GENTS’ BETTERBALL STABLEFORD
Wednesday 7th August 2019
- First C Spencer & G Erickson (Allerton Manor & West Derby) 49 Pts
- Second I Smethurst & R Wyke (Chorley & Blackburn) 44 Pts * CPO
- Third G. Sutcliffe & D Herbert (Manchester & North Manchester) 44* Pts CPO
- Fourth G Warren & M Kiernan (Deane & Turton) 44 Pts * CPO
- Fifth P Ashcroft & G Bancroft (Bromborough) 44Pts *CPO
FESTIVAL WEEK FESTIVAL TROPHY
Thursday 8th August 2019
- First Blackley Golf Club Score 127
- Second Dean Wood Golf Club Score 128
- Third Whittaker Golf Club Score 131
- Fourth Sale Golf Club (B) Score 132 * CPO
FESTIVAL WEEK GENTS FOUR MAN TEAM STABLEFORD
Friday 9th August 2019 – still to be completed
- First J Ward, M Furber, W Furber & M Davies Score 95 points
- Second H Wilkinson, D Garrett, J Grant & B Wilkinson Score 92 points
- Third C Finlayson, T Bowles, D Whitehouse & B McKaigg 89 points * CPO
- Fourth S Hallett, C Hallett, M Kershaw & A Butler 89 points * CPO