The Manchester Golf Club is seeking applicants for a new role at the club with the creation of the role of General Manager. Applications are invited from experienced candidates with a proven track-record in golf club, sports or hospitality management. Applicants are welcomed from anyone with an interest in golf and experience relevant to the job description which can be downloaded using the link below.
The role in summary
COMPETITIVE SALARY AND BENEFITS
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the General Manager occupies a senior and pivotal role across the entire operations of The Manchester Golf Club. The role is suitable to candidates qualified for General Management and Director of Operations roles. The successful candidate will be responsible for the commercial management of the Club, in accordance with the plans and policies determined by the Board of Directors, including:
- Customer experience to maximise the enjoyment and satisfaction of all users of the club including members, visitors and guests
- Revenue maximisation from all revenue streams including membership, visitors, bar and catering and functions.
- Commercial management of the Club, the course, premises and facilities in line with the business plan and budget.
- Resource planning to deliver cost effective and efficient support services to members, visitors and users of the Club.
- Staff management and motivation (including office, greens, bar & catering, maintenance/cleaning staff) in accordance with all relevant HR Legislation, policies and personal development plans.
- Facility management and technology optimisation to ensure assets are maintained and enhanced and IT systems/digital channels are utilised for operational efficiency.
Applications are welcome – please complete the short questionnaire below and upload a copy of your CV.
About The Manchester Golf Club
The Manchester Golf Club is a Harry Colt masterpiece considered the best inland course in Lancashire. Set in 247 acres of moorland and heathland, the championship course is the centrepiece of an outstanding golf complex located 5 minutes from the M62 and 20 minutes from Manchester city centre.
The driving range, short game area, practice ground and House of Golf custom-fit centre and ProShop sit alongside the historical clubhouse, conference facilities and function rooms – to provide a haven for golfers of all abilities.
Host to England Golf’s Reid Trophy and Women’s Open Amateur Championship, The Manchester Golf Club is a private members’ club that welcomes visitors and guests throughout the year. Home to over 100 single figure and more than 40 category 1 golfers, it is the perfect place for anyone looking to enjoy the finest things in golf.
With a history dating back to 1883, the club is at the forefront of the changing world of golf and strives to meet the changing needs of golfers in every category of the game.