The Manchester Golf Club uses the BRS booking system for tee-times, providing a convenient way to reserve and check tee-times for casual and competitive golf.
- Members can access the BRS booking system via this website or BRS smartphone app using their personal log-in details
- Members should use the ‘guest’ option when reserving a tee-time to play with their guests
- Visitors can check, book and pay for tee-times on certain days using this website
The BRS booking system is widely used by golf clubs through the UK and is recognised as one of the leaders in the industry. Rumours about secret codes and system hacks are widespread amongst golfers everywhere but we are assured by the Software Developers the system is safe and secure.
Members of the Club are avid golfers, including over 100 single figure handicap and more than 40 category 1 golfers – amongst the largest of any club in the country. This, together with The Manchester Golf Club being recognised as the best inland course in Lancashire, means that demand for competition tee-times is high at peak times.
Rather than there being a ‘secret hack’ to the system, BRS advise that access to the timesheet is determined by three factors, namely:
- The speed of your Internet connection
- The speed of your device (e.g. computer, tablet or smartphone)
- Your speed of use – i.e. your online reactions
In order to improve your chances of securing the tee-times you prefer at peak times we suggest the following:
- Know when the starting sheet opens for the times you prefer – these are published on BRS
- Get online before your preferred tee-time opens – to ensure you are ready when the timesheet opens
- Hit the button as soon as the page refreshes and your preferred tee-times go live – there is a clock device that counts down the time on BRS
- Coordinate with your playing partners – you will probably need to try more than once. By alternating days or weeks with a playing partner the booking process can be less tiresome
- Don’t give-up instantly, sometimes different users try and access the same time in the same instant. It’s worth waiting a few minutes as tee-times may re-appear having initially shown as locked
- Members can only book for themselves and a partner – its worth waiting for the remaining place(s) once unlocked by the first user
- Keep an eye-out for times – bookings can change for unexpected reasons
Please be assured the BRS master password is not shared and is updated regularly. In normal circumstances, the demand for tee-times reduces as the season progresses and members are away from the club. Demand for tee-times is closely monitored and we will continue to maximise the opportunities for all members to play competitively.